Friday, June 5, 2015

Be Brave

Today it came. My bravelet. A bracelet with the engraving of be brave. Inside the bag it came in was this quote:

Promise me you'll always remember, you're braver than you believe, 
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most 
important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you.

--Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

It means a lot to me to receive this today. I EARNED it. I struggled, I fought, I refused to give up, and I beat PPD. I didn't let it take away any more time than it needed to. I got my life back and the road to get there was not easy. Days were filled with crying, emotions I'd never felt before, regret, sadness, pure misery and not knowing what I was going to do the rest of my life. Unbearable feelings. But I did it. I won. And if you're struggling, know you can too. Help exists. Treatment options are available. Recovery is possible. And it is beautiful.


To receive your very own bravelet, visit www.bravelets.com

And don't forget to help support The Climb, happening June 20, to bring awareness and resources to women all over the world suffering from PPD/PPA/PPP, supported by the Post-Partum Progress organization. Please help me reach my personal goal of $500. Together, we can make a difference and end the stigma that goes with post-partum anxiety and depression disorders so that all women can get the help they need.


No comments:

Post a Comment