Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I Am Not A Mom

I am not about changing diapers, preparing bottles, cute little onesies and strange rashes. It is another step to my day, but it is not who I am. I think people forget that women are still the same woman they were before they had a baby, just more awesome, but they are not just a mom.

I am a friend.
A wife.
A sister.
A daughter.
A co-worker.
I'm fun.
Loving.
Caring.
I'm funny.
I love my furbabies.
I enjoy working.
I'm a runner.
I love herbalife.
I'm addicted to Starbucks.
I love thunderstorms.
I love weekends at the lake.
A glass of wine.
A night out with friends.
Investigation Discovery.
Weekends with Netflix and popcorn.
I want to help others.
Change a life.
Make a difference.
Reach out.

I am still me. I am still all these things, just someone calls me mom now.
I am still here under the dirty diapers and pukey shirts.
Don't forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment